Wednesday, February 25, 2009

24.5 weeks, and yes I'm counting

We had another "successful" doctor's visit yesterday. Those things are a joke- check your weight, your blood pressure and measure your tummy.
On the positive side, everything is progressing well. I got another "lecture" about eating. I really don't think these doctors have any idea how much I actually put away. Last time it was, "Maybe have an extra piece of toast, or a bigger piece of chicken." On which helping, my second or third?! This visit, the doctor (a different one) wanted to be sure I felt "nourished" and that I was eating and not vomiting.
I have to say, I don't remember ever feeling "good" when I was pregnant with Duke. And I feel good right now. Yes, there has been some problems with sciatic pain (which they tried to prescribe me narcotics for!) and the usual discomforts, but all in all I feel pretty great. I've been able to exercise on a somewhat regular basis and I think not gaining so much weight is really helping me feel better. I still breathe like a very large overweight person when just getting up and walking around, but I guess that comes with the territory.
I hope I can continue to make healthier choices, and that the evening chocolate chips don't catch up to me (is it bad to eat half a bag in one sitting?) or my hips and butt!

On another note, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of round 2 of Lilly's room decor. The first one (pictured on a different date) was not at all what I had expected. From the picture I was imagining a soft blue and pink. What arrived was a turquoise and coral horror show. So that was returned, I started from scratch and picked out something a little louder but still cute. In fact, it might be better as it probably will be more appropriate for a somewhat older girl than my first choice was.

We've started cleaning out the guest room and slowly but surely I am trying to get organized. A little over 3.5 months left!!!! Crazy... and oh so much stuff to do!

No comments: